The Greater Washington Society for Brunch and Bullsh*t

Unable to find any good websites devoted to Brunch in DC, we've endeavored to make our own, devoted to our most faovritest meal of the week and other bullsh*t going on in our lives.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Brunchin and Munchin on the Fourth


I've heard alot about Luna Grill in Dupont, so Tuesday morning, when I was meeting my friend for brunch, I suggested we go. It is a dinner/ cosi kinda place around the instersection of 18th and Connecticut I think. So Megnolia and I walk in and ask for a table for three, as Ruthie B was meant to be joining us.
After a five minute wait, we are placed in a sweet booth by the front window. It is far and away one of the best seats I've ever had for any voyeristic event. The tourists were out in force because of the holiday and they did not dissapoint. One family walked by wearing a uniform of long basketball shorts and oversized t-shirts featuring college basketball teams of the midwest. They were my favorite group to pass by us that day, not because they lived up to every idea I have about tourists to DC from the midwest, but because the father had two, not one, but two American Flags stuck in his baseball cap.
Back to the brunch. Due to some confusion, the waiter did not take our order for some time. He clearly tought we were waiting for our third to arrive before ordering, and took my head nods and smiles in his direction to be mere flirtations *awkward*. Finally, we explain to him we'd like to go ahead and order. The plan was to split the Alpine Burger and some Fruit, Yogurt and Granola. I also asked for a water, a bloody, and a coffee. Megnolia asked for iced tea.
Five minutes later our waiter returns to the table to inform us, they are out of fruit. Upon furhter questioning, we discovered they weren't out of fruit, just melon. We explained that we'd like the granola, yogurt and whatever fruit they had anyway. After another five minutes, he returns to let us know they are out of yogurt. Hrrrmm.....Also still no drinks. They were busy that morning, so the poor service cannot be blamed on the staffing. We ended up substituting in an avocado salad.
All in all, the food was good, the service was slow as hell, and our waiter was a bit creepy. I will say this. The bloody was good, very good. No horseraddish, but very spicy. Not alot of fixins, it was one of the purest bloodys I've ever had. They even put that spice around the rim that I love so much yet still dont know what it is. I also liked the place alot. Maybe it was the holiday, or the tourists outside, it was just one of thoses places that make you love DC inspite of its shortcomings.

On the Tweaks Scale of Brunchability: ****/*****

That's four out of five stars. Here are some other ratings to help you get your balance

Bus Boys n Poets on a good bloody day 5, otherwise 3.5

St. Ex- 4.5 (would be a five but for the shitty bloodys)

Open City- 4.75 (food can be lacking)

Polly's - 2.5

2 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home