The Greater Washington Society for Brunch and Bullsh*t

Unable to find any good websites devoted to Brunch in DC, we've endeavored to make our own, devoted to our most faovritest meal of the week and other bullsh*t going on in our lives.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Everyone's Second Favorite Brunch Beverage, MY FIRST!

I love a good Mimosa, probably similar to the fashion in which any good frat-boy loves a Natty ice, or any good hipster loves a PBR. Mimosas are nice and light, much less commitment than a bloody(though I love those too). I was thinking of posting this elaborate and fun recipe on making my favorite kind of Mimosa, but really they are much more straight forward than the o-so-elaborate recipe that T has concocted for her Bloody. Instead I thought I would share so yummy ideas for a variation on the darling M.

Well lets get to the basics-
1 champagne flute-MANDITORY
2 ½ parts-Champagne
to ½ part Orange juice-(depending on how I feel that morning it can range from a big splash to a little splash) -freshly squeezed and a little pulpy if possible, but really its whatever your pleasure

Fun, and excited variations

Using a Grapefruit/OJ combination.
Adding a splash of Campari, or grenadine
Adding a slice of pineapple and a cherry

To-Go-get one of those little oj cartoons-chug more than half-bc vitamin C is a rejuvenating liquid and filling the rest with Champagne, which is perfect for any day time activity from walking around town to going to the suburbs(in that case just skip the oj all together-trust me you will need it).

Enjoying a Mimosa is generally something I would rather do at home away from the scrupulous eyes of the public, but I have enjoyed a nice mimosa at Saint Ex à(shocking I know), and a couple of undisclosed places in Georgetown. Tell me where your favorite Mimosa is and let me be the judge!

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my fav is before Fox Field's
go UVA!! :)

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really excited! This will be my first time visiting, good stuff. Very useful. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com v
phentermine

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't have anything to say recently. Today was a total loss, but it's not important. Not much on my mind to speak of, but that's how it is. I've just been letting everything happen without me. I can't be bothered with anything recently.
- www.blogger.com 0
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR PAGE IS GREAT. IT REALLY HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC
- brunchbullshit.blogspot.com d
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home