The Greater Washington Society for Brunch and Bullsh*t

Unable to find any good websites devoted to Brunch in DC, we've endeavored to make our own, devoted to our most faovritest meal of the week and other bullsh*t going on in our lives.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chinatown and the Côte d'Ivoire: When Brunch meets the World Cup

All about town the hum of the world cup is taking over, people are jumping at the chance to behave like fools and wear flags as capes. Frankly, I could care less. Its not that I dont dig soccer, or an excuse to act like a fool, because I like both of them. I like the idea of bringing nations together on a relatively equal playing field. The Ivory Coast is a great example of bring together a nation at war with itself to chillout and play a little football. Its nice and provides a warm and fuzzy to make these fools feel like they are participating in something bigger than themselves. Maybe they are, whatever.
I am principally concerned with the competition that my beloved favorite meal of the week is getting. So with these games starting at what like 9:00am, people are boozing it up all over town. Chinatown was the stop where I was suckered into watching. With the total utter lameness of the District's Chinatown I was pleasantly surprized by the 6 hours I spent there, next to the all so authentic CVS, McDonalds and Legal Sea Food.
All of that aside.
The thing is if I am getting out of bed to go start drinking o the weekends, I would rather be drinking a mimosa and enjoying umm, I dont know an omlette with sundried tomatoes and pecorino, not a newcastle and fish and chips.
So I have this predictament brunching alone v. subjecting myself to the flag toting fools, bar food and beers. I guess its just a month and If I was actually watching and paying attention to the games I know I would really like it. Besides cute boys like soccer don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home