The Greater Washington Society for Brunch and Bullsh*t

Unable to find any good websites devoted to Brunch in DC, we've endeavored to make our own, devoted to our most faovritest meal of the week and other bullsh*t going on in our lives.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Bedtime Story: To be enjoyed with a Whiskey, not a warm milk

I also find townhouse to be a most satisfactory place to spend my weekend evenings, but in an effort not to bore you with THT- Lovefest 2006(we wouldn't want this going to anyone's head) I have decided to share a little incident that occured at this superior watering hole.

A little while ago (a couple months or weeks- my memory seems to fade with every visit to THT), I was enjoying a nice Jack & Ginger as well as the satsifaction of running into everyone you want to see without having to call them (oh the sublime perfection of a neighborhood bar). Myself and a friend were enjoying the Juke box. This being the same jukebox, which my partner in crime so adores. We were ecstatic to discover Cody Chestnut's hit, "I look good in leather"( which is almost definately not the name of the song, but is however the central theme). This song also happened to be the opener of said friend's newest musical compliation. We requested this along with a number of other hard-to-find hits.
We were being patient, since most of the songs on the box are good anyway. But our patience wore thin, as the music continued and what we choose did not played (PS- I have the habit of chosing the same song over and over again, for some reason I think its cute when I am a little toasted.)
At some point, when I was coyly flirting and sipping on drinks, my Cody Chestnut-loving friend called the number on the jukebox to complain that his song was not being played. Apparently he left quite a rude message, but forgot to include the location of the oh-so-stubborn juke as well as any information about himself. However, this smarty pants that "looks good in leather" did manage to leave his phone number.
The next day, we discoevered that the man on the opposite end of the juke had called back and left an equally rude message on my friend's voicemail. Mr. Jukebox Marshall pointed one interesting fact that not everyone may know-1-there is not one number for every jukebox in the world. Mystifying, isn't it?
He then proceeded to berrate my beloved lush for his use of language the previous evening by using some of his own colorful colloqialisms. All in all it was a hazy but memorable evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home