The Greater Washington Society for Brunch and Bullsh*t

Unable to find any good websites devoted to Brunch in DC, we've endeavored to make our own, devoted to our most faovritest meal of the week and other bullsh*t going on in our lives.

Friday, June 30, 2006

The best $5 spent on Sunday.

The Sunday Times. Yeah. I know. I wish that I could say that the best 5 dollars spent on Sunday was for one good seasame seed bagel toasted with cream cheese and a slice of tomatoe and a cup of coffee with milk, but I suppose that is an outrageous idea. The reason I part wuth my beloved Lincoln on a weekly basis is the Sunday Times. I like to walk around with it and feel the physical weight of the knowledge that I will surely forget by Monday morning. Perhaps like the Times because I have borrowed nostalgia for a city that was never mine, or possibly it is because I fantisize about my life in a few years laying in bed on sunday morning with an attractive gentleman and sharing our superior opinions on current events, and popular culture as portrayed by the leaning tower of self-indulgent new york intellectuals (Insert coffee, bagels and making-out into this fantasy, oo, ah, yum).
I like investing in the Times and though, I potentially spend $280 dollars(probably what it takes to feed a small child in a developing county) a year on it. I dont care.

I wont read the post. Don't try to make me.

Before today I had just a general disdain for the Post, no reason really, but the great masters of sardonic wit at the dcist.com called my attention to the "Best Bets: Readers Choice Awards" a stupid contest they run each year, giving my Sunday snobbery some concrete legs to stand on. This contest does nothing more than to make the few cool kids that call this place home question their own sanity for living in a city that votes Starbucks as the best place for Coffee and Ann Taylor loft the best womens clothing store. (I am not lying I checked out the results from last year). It is really pitiful. This contest gives lots 'o ammunition for the hating-on-dc gang, but I shall rise above, instead of falling into that crowd, I am going to direct my anger at the source-the Post.

Shame on you Post.

I already knew I didn't like all of those people that read you and vote, but I try to stay positive and just avoid that crowd.
So the genius people at the post have included a brunch section, which needs to be addressed.
First off, f*ck Arlington Va, f*ck Virginia in general for that matter. The only good things that have ever come out of Virginia are my friends Maura F. Myers and David I. Stonehill, and a couple presidents. I don't want to go there, and I certainly don't want to go there for my sunday meal with some friends, to eat, drink and be merry, and then get on the metro, is there even a metro out there? I know some people have a place in their shriveled hearts for VA, but I dont, and I most definately think it deserved 3 out of 10 nominations for brunch.
Now lets talk about Kramer's brunch, unquestionably the most over-rated brunch in town, well maybe next to the diner(the diner is actually one of the only places i'll go in adams morgan, I think I like the high ceilings, but I dont understand why there is always a crowd outside). Back to Kramer's, poor service, mediocre food, unexplainably long waits, bad coffee, you need those obnoxious coins to use the ladies room, arg.
Peacock-good for people watching and lunch, but brunch?

Wait, Wait, I can't go on this is ridiculous, too much bitching for a Friday. Thanks alot. Once again Washington Post, you have ruined my day.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Laura R Bridge said...

word. Thanks Wikipedia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home